In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Aygedzor 2" SHPP, which is located in Tavush Region, Armenia. The SHPP carries out water intake in the administrative area of Aygedzor community from the dam of Khndzorut reservoir – 15th-kilometer section of gravity irrigation system of Artsvaberd, Aygedzor, Choratan, Chinari and Movses communities. The type of the section is irrigation complex. "Aygedzor 2" SHPP is operated by "Atlas-Energo" LLC, which also operates "Aygedzor" SHPP. These two SHPPs are of cascade type.
• To equip water intake and environmental flow sections with water-meter equipment with online data transmission systems.
• To have water-meter equipment sealed by relevant water basin territorial management unit of Department for Water Resources of RA Nature Protection Ministry.
• To lower a part of the dam so as to continuously ensure environmental flow.
• To re-equip the SHPP with technically more effective aggregates to ensure the projected capacity of 2000 kW, which will have an entirely automated management system and will operate will less water amount. Instead of set yield of 0.9 m3/s, the SHPP used 1.0 m3/s and ensured a projected capacity of 1800 kW.
• To equip the transformers with an oil-collecting system.
• To carry out sufficient greening works.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:29 September 05, 2017