In response to the questions addressed to Geoteam
14:07 April 03, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Վայոց ձոր
To wrap-up the discussion of cyanide and to dispel the doubts on the “million tons” used in Amulsar, we’d like to say that IN TOTAL only 1.1 million tons of sodium cyanide annually is produced all over the world, with only 6% of this used in the mining industry worldwide. The remaining 94% is used in production of
Amulsar Mine Dust Can Get Spread Over 30 Km Distance
17:38 March 26, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
The problem is as follows: dust dissemination radius in Amulsar open pit mining EIA has been estimated and assessed up to 1 km, while the SIA plans to construct special hydrotechnical structures to prevent
Communities Adjacent to Lake Sevan - Amulsar Mine Project Affected
17:27 March 26, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Գեղարքունիք | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
The fact that open pit mining will be implemented in the drainage basin of Lake Sevan is already an undeniable legal ground to consider the possible impact on Lake Sevan substantiated and to recognize at least the communities adjacent
Results of Amulsar Gold Mining Document Study Results: Conclusions and Proposals
15:27 March 23, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
This time it’s Harutyun Movsisyan, PhD in Geological Sciences, Associate Professor, who submitted his assessment on the official website of Aarhus Centers,, which particularly says: “The EIA submitted by the company mentions heap leach facility with a capacity of 106 million tons and says nothing that this volume is wastes to be collected in the tailing dump, which needs technical conditions, special project
Open Letter to "Geoteam" Company from Residents Concerned with Future of Gndevaz and Vayots Dzor
19:01 March 13, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Վայոց ձոր
You mention that in the heap leach facility the PH of the sodium cyanide shall be 11 and over in order not to have hydrogen cyanide leak, the small amount of which is lethal. We would like to get clarifications how this process will be implemented in the area of 134 ha with 4 million tons of solution under temperature fluctuations from -30 to +30 degrees in the rain or snow or what
S.O.S. Amulsar Initiative: EBRD PCM Decision Non-Grounded
17:45 March 06, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Վայոց ձոր
We feel compelled to express our concern regarding the eligibility decision in the case, which is inconsistent with the PCM’s Rules of Procedures (RoP) and demonstrates a worrying disconnect with complainants
No To Mining at Amulsar, Protests in Sweden
12:17 February 27, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Վայոց ձոր
օn February 26, in the capital city of Sweden, a group of environmentalists joined to the campaign against the mining at Amulsar initiated by Lydian International Ltd
Amulsar: even "responsible" mining is destructive - Dr. Anahid Shirinian-Orlando
17:00 February 17, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
Lydian International Limited company, registered in an offshore zone, presented a document entitled "Amulsar Project, November 2014" to Armenians in the Diaspora. This document is superficial, misleading and incomplete. This is what thinks Anahit Shirinian-Orlando, an environmental scientist-engineer living in Los Angeles, who says No to mining at Amulsar
Right to Water Violated in Armenia
14:45 February 10, 2015 | Ամուլսար | Գեղարքունիք | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
Mining pollutes rivers, particularly, transboundary Debed, Voghji and Aras rivers. These rivers are polluted by
Nature Protection Minister's Final Press Conference for 2014: Mining, Part 6
16:40 December 26, 2014 | Ամուլսար | Լոռի | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
Referring to Amulsar mining project, the journalists asked a question to the Minister to what extent the complaint of Gndevaz villagers is go\rounded, who oppose to the mining project and are going to sue. In reply, the Minister said
Amulsar: Profitable or Lethal Cyanide
16:16 December 11, 2014 | Ամուլսար | Սյունիք | Վայոց ձոր
The people interested in the ecological problems in Armenia once again got convinced that the environmental expertise in our country doesn’t serve


Hot Spots



Subscribe to receive our latest news