In case of winning Yerevan Aldermen’s Elections the Republican Party of Armenia is promising to carry out ‘prospective and ambitious projects’ in the field of environment.
‘The construction of a new landfill site for Yerevan and isolation of old landfill sites, garbage sorting and recycling are among our priorities. This range includes continuous expansion of green zones and their care,’ the RPA election program says.
The RPA is promising to carry out greening works in line with the international criteria with the involvement of a new operator. In its election program the Republican Party of Armenia is planning to establish new rest zones, recover parks and gardens. According to the RPA program,
- The construction of the park dedicated to the 2800th anniversary of Yerevan will be carried out,
- The rehabilitation and expansion of Komitas Park will be carried out,
- The recovery of Yerevan Botanical garden and its effective development project will be ensured,
- Tsitsernakaberd forest park recovery project will be carried out,
- The continuity of tree planting in the context of forming town buffer zone formation will be ensured,
- The minimum greening components mandatory in the areas subject to site development will be determined.
The candidate of the Republican Party of Armenia is the current Mayor, Taron Margaryan.
19:14 May 02, 2017