In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Zor-Zor HPP-1" SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Vaghatin Community, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Vaghud Tributary to the Vorotan River, the length of which is 12 km. "Zor-Zor HPP-1" SHPP is operated by "Pargev ev Vardan" LLC.
· Taking into consideration the fact that the SHPP doesn't operate in the irrigation system or operates with less water amount (above the SHPP water intake is carried out for the irrigation of the land areas in Vaghatin, Aghitu, Noravan communities, while maximum 250 l/s out of the set water amount of 300 l/s for non-irrigation season), it’s necessary to review the hydro-economic estimates setting new working regime of the SHPP.
· To reconstruct the fish passway to ensure the natural migration of the fish.
· To have water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
· To re-equip the SHPP with technically more efficient aggregates, which will have an entirely automated management system and operate with less water amount.
· To equip the transformers with the oil-collecting system.
· To equip the area and to clean the construction garbage.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
11:22 January 16, 2018