In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Dzoragyugh 1" SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Dzoragyugh Community, Gegharkounik Region, Armenia. "Dzoragyugh 1" and "Dzoragyugh 3" SHPPs are of cascade type, which are operated by 'Sector Quant' LLC. According to the SHPP construction project, "Dzoragyugh 1" SHPP has been constructed on the irrigation aqueduct of Dzoragyugh, while re-equipment project says it has been constructed on the tributary to the Dzoragyugh River.
• As Dzoragyugh 1" and "Dzoragyugh 3" SHPPs are of cascade type (around 10-kilometer length of the river section has been pipes), it's necessary to reconstruct the water intake pool of "Dzoragyugh 3" SHPP to ensure the natural flow in the riverbed and free-of-obstacle outlet of environmental flow through removing the stones blocking the riverbed.
• It's necessary to review the hydroeconomic estimates with the tendency to increase the set environmental flow of 10 l/s (there was almost no environmental flow along the length of the water flow at the moment of observation).
• To equip water intake and environmental flow sections with water-meter equipment with online data transmission systems, so as to enable regulating and supervising the water amount used by the SHPP and the amount of the set environmental flow.
• The SHPP should undergo technical re-equipment to control the water intake and environmental flow amounts, as well as to ensure the projected capacity of 530 kW, as the SHPP doesn't ensure its project capacity with a yield of 240 l/s.
• To carry out the discharge of the wastewater through a water-proof well or a 'mini' cleaning station to exclude any leak to the river.
• To carry out greening in the area of the station.
• To equip the transformers with an oil-collecting system.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
September 15, 2017 at 18:03