In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Anapat-1" SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Tatev and Tandzatap Communities, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Aghandzu and Qarahunts Tributaries to the Vorotan River. "Anapat-1" SHPP is operated by "Tatevi Anapat" LLC.
· To reconstruct the fish passway constructed on the Qarahunts River in a way that it ensures sufficient conditions irregardless of the water intake by the SHPP and the water regime in the river to ensure the passage of the environmental flow and reliable migration of the fish (as it was low season at the moment of observation, there was not water flowing through the fish passway).
· To reconstruct the fish passway constructed on the Aghandzu River in a way it ensures sufficient conditions irregardless of the water intake by the SHPP, the water regime in the river and operation of the valves for free-of-obstacle environmental flow.
· The booth of the fish passway should be added by one in the riverbed to ensure sufficient conditions for the fish migration.
· As 'Aanapat-1' SHPP doesn't ensure the hydro-energetic indicators designed in the project (maximum 0.5 cum/s was used instead of 2.0 cum/s, while maximum capacity ensured was 900 kW instead of the projected 3300 kW) it’s necessary to review the hydro-economic estimates.
· It should be mentioned that the indicators of the amount set for environmental yields under the project were higher than it was set in the water usage permit issued for SHPP operation.
· The calculations should include the irrigation yields and irrigation regime of Tatev and Tandzatap communities.
· To have automated management and water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed by relevant water basin territorial management unit of Department for Water Resources of RA Nature Protection Ministry, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
· To equip the transformers with the oil-collecting system.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
17:43 January 15, 2018