In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Lor HPP-1" SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Lor and Shenatagh Communities, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Loradzor Tributary to the Vorotan River, the length of which is 23 km. "Lor HPP-1" SHPP is operated by "Veh Loren" LLC. The SHPP was not operating at the moment of observation.
· To reconstruct the SHPP water intake section in a way it ensures sufficient conditions irregardless of the water intake by the SHPP, the water regime in the river and operation of the valves for free-of-obstacle environmental flow.
· To regularly clean the water intake section (fish passway, dam) from sediment and silt and to unblock the course of the fish passway.
· To review hydroeconomic estimates and to set SHPP working regime taking into consideration the water use by Lor and Shenatagh communities for irrigation purposes, the set water amount of 70 l/s for the environmental flow (at the moment of observation it was 20 l/s and the factual productivity of the SHPP was 800 kW instead of the projected 991 kW, while maximum 900 l/s was used instead of the projected 1400 l/s).
· To have water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
· To re-equip the SHPP with technically more efficient aggregates, which will have entirely automated management system and operate with less water amount.
· To equip the transformers with the oil-collecting system.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
19:01 January 23, 2018