In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Vararakn" SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Qarahunj Community, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Vararakn (Goris) River, the length of which is 29 km. "Vararakn" SHPP is operated by "Kh ev M Ynkerner" LLC.
· To reconstruct the water intake section constructed on the river by building a fish passway in line with the normatives, which will ensure sufficient conditions irregardless of the water intake by the SHPP, the water regime in the river and operation of the valves for free-of-obstacle environmental flow.
· To have water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed by the competent body of RA Nature Protection Ministry in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
· As the riverbed (in the water intake section) was in anti-sanitary state, it's proposed to regurarly clean all sorts of garbage collected in the sand trap and the net cage and withdraw them as provided by law.
· To equip the entrance part of the pipeline with a cellular net to prevent the entrance of the young fish into the pressure pipeline.
· To equip the transformer with an oil-collecting system.
· To plan a water-proof well or a 'mini' cleaning station for the discharge of the household wasterwater.
· To accomplish greening works designed in the project.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:07 February 01, 2018