The Health Ministry is urging the people to avoid swimming in the sections of the littoral areas of Lake Sevan where blue-green algae can be noticed. Cyanobacteria, also called "blue-green algae", can be found worldwide, especially in not-flowing or in the water rich in nutrients. Certain species produce toxins having adverse impact on the animals and humal health because of drinking “blooming” water, swimming in their or swallowing it by accident. In case of swimming in this water, the following symptoms may arise: asthma, eye rush, rush near the mouth and the nose, allergic reactions. In case this water is swollen by accident, there may be stomach aches, vomiting, temperature, throat aches, headaches and problems with the liver.
10:52 July 12, 2019