On 23 January, at 21:26, the Ministry for Emergency Situations received an alarm signal that a strange choking smell is felt in the houses located at 22 Nor Aresh Street, Yerevan Town, the residents feel bad and they need help.
As it was found out a strange and choking smell was felt in the toilets of the houses located at 47, 49, 49/2, 49/3, 49/4, 50, 51, 52, 52/1, 57, 11 Nor Aresh. The operative group for Radiation, Chemical, and Biological Situation Monitoring detected a rather high concentration of carbonic acid gas in the air.
The rescuers opened the observation pits adjacent to the houses, where they also detected a high concentration of carbonic acid gas and they carried out washing of the pits. They carried out the determination of chemical materials in the houses at 1:13 and the concentration of the carbonic acid gas was within the standards.
January 24, 2018 at 15:54