On December 14, 2022, "EcoLur" Informational NGO sent a letter to Head of Gyumri Community, Vardges Samsonyan, to find out what activities were carried out in Gyumri within the framework of "Green City" action plan.
The inquiry asks:
"EcoLur" Informational NGO is implementing "Be informed about plans and programs of Green cities in Yerevan and Gyumri" project. Based on the goals of the Project, in accordance with Article 6 of RA Law "On Freedom of Information", please, provide information about the following:
1. How much money was allocated by the EBRD for the development of "Green City" action plan in Gyumri town?
2. Which of the short-term actions provided by the Project approved by decision N 232-A of Gyumri Aldermen’s Council "On approving "Green City Action Plan" of Gyumri Community, Shirak Region, Armenia" have been implemented, to what extent and how much money has been spent for each action since the launch of the Project.
3. What mid-term and long-term measures does Gyumri Municipality plan to implement until 2035 to achieve the vision laid down in "Green City" action plan of Gyumri Town.
4. What difficulties and obstacles have appeared during the implementation phase of short-term actions?
5. As a result of the implemented measures, how much electricity was saved in Gyumri Town in 2019-2022, and how much greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere were reduced, how much the degree of atmospheric air pollution was reduced, how much the Project contributed to reducing the pollution of water resources, how many hectares of green space was established? When is the final closure of the existing illegal landfills and the start of operation of the new landfill planned, by what percentage has the vehicle fleet of Gyumri been renewed?"
In response to EcoLur's inquiry, Head of Gyumri Community Vardges Samsonyan stated in his letter N/01/20018-2022 dated on December 20, 2022. "Within the framework of "Gyumri Town Roads" project, 1,201 LED street lights with an automatic control system were installed in 33 streets of the town with the CW-ICB-2019/1 pilot-2 component in 2021. As a result of the announced open competition, "ProDynamic" LLC and "Guandong Mason Technologies" SP were declared winners out of five participants. The value of the contract made up 332,523.6 Euros."
December 21, 2022 at 16:04