On 14 April the third annual ecotourism conference will held at AUA organized by the Acopian Center for the Environment. The conference will be held at the American University of Armenia and will be open for public. The purpose of the conference is to accelerate the development of ecotourism in Armenia by offering a platform for exchange of ideas and experiences as well as creating a network of stakeholders. The event especially values the active participation of the representatives of rural communities.
The Conference panel discussions will cover the following topics:
- National policy and regional efforts to advance ecotourism
- Protected Areas, natural monuments, and ecotourism development
- Local readiness to host ecotourists (e.g., language, food services, lodging, transport, tour guides, and green communities)
- Local, small-scale wine production and organic food in ecotourism
- Outdoor activities and adventure tourism (hiking, paragliding, rock climbing, skiing, biking, horseback riding)
- Social enterprises, impact investment, and ecotourism
- Digital platforms and digital marketing of Armenia’s ecotourism offerings.
An Ecotourism Expo will be held in conjunction with the conference. This year a larger number of participants from last year’s 600 is expected.
April 10, 2018 at 13:11